Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Authors On My Auto-Buy List

by Nora

Where's Kristen's opinion on this? Well, from now on we'll be switching off doing Top Ten Tuesday. This week's prompt is Top Ten Authors That I'd Put on My Auto-Buy List.

  1. Veronica Roth. Veronica Roth has been an inspiration to me since I read Divergent. Honestly, I don't think I'd be reading as much as I do now, and this blog probably wouldn't even exist. She is also my writing inspiration. If I ever met her, I don't even know what I'd say. I think I'd be so starstruck that I'd freeze up right there. I will read anything that she writes.
  2. Tahereh Mafi. Oh, Tahereh Mafi. She's funny hilarious (if you've read Shatter Me, you'd get what I did there) and I don't think I will ever forget her books. She writes captivating characters. Sometimes they're almost too captivating. In a good way. :D
  3. Michelle Hodkin. Being the author that ripped my heart out in The Evolution of Mara Dyer, Michelle Hodkin is one of the authors that I love the most. She had so much power over me that I moped around the house for a day, too sad to do anything. Yeah. She's that powerful.
  4. Leigh Bardugo. Shadow and Bone was perfect. I usually don't tend to like fantasy books (like, witches and wizards--Grishas, in this case), but this one was different. I'm not sure why, maybe it was the characters or the setting. Anyway, it was really good.
  5. Lauren Oliver. Lauren Oliver has written quite a few books, some of which are Delirium and Before I Fall. I still need to read Liesel and Po and The Spindlers, even though they're more fantasy than the kinds of books that I enjoy. 
  6. Ally Condie
  7. Laini Taylor.
  8. Suzanne Collins. I read The Hunger Games in fifth grade. That was four years ago. Wow. It only seems like last year. Honestly, I didn't love Mockingjay, but I'd still read more.
  9. Sarah Rees Brennan. 
  10. Veronica Roth
    Sarah Rees Brennan
    Leigh Bardugo
  11. Steven Moffat. If he ever writes any books. He sure does a brilliant job writing Doctor Who and Sherlock.

1 comment:

  1. I love love love LOVE Veronica Roth, Tehereh Mafi, and Lauren Oliver! And I love your blog, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete