Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Favorite Book Couples

Our Top Ten Favorite Book Couples
Kristen says...

Lena and Alex (fan art by Ice-Ridden)
  1. Lena and Alex:  Delirium.  Love is forbidden and Lena and Alex must find a way to be    together without being caught by their so-called Utopian society.  Lena sees Alex during her test to evaluate who she would fall in love with her.  And he is like the sweetest thing ever (other than Noah and Adam, if you look below).  He tries to help Lena to experience the world at a different view, from the Wilds and then soon, they form a connection, but at the end of the first book, I cried and cried and cried and the same goes for the second.  I wish I could tell you what happened in Requiem but it comes out next month and I don't want to spoil it!  Review to come :D
  2.  Mara and Noah: The Mara Dyer Series.  Opposites collide, isn't that wonderful?  At first Mara absolutely hates Noah (whom I absolutely love), but then she begins to fall.  Hard.  It's after a discovery they make about each other. I LOVE this couple so much...I am mentally attached to the second book (which I finally was able to borrow from Nora), The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and I do not  want to return it to Nora. I wanted to throw the book across the room. But as all good things have to come to an end...I have to give it back :(  October is too far away.
  3.  Juliette and Adam: The Shatter Me Series.  Juliette believes that she a monster, a mistake, but Adam helps her to realize that she's more than that.  And when they meet, Juliette tells him not to touch her, but he does, while she is sleeping and realizes her can touch her. And he tells her and she freaks out, but then they fall in love (of course!)  I'm reading the second now, Unravel Me and Nora mentioned in the last post that she met Tahereh Mafi.  I. Am. So. Jealous.
  4.  Luce and Daniel: Fallen.  At first he never notices her at the reform school.  At first she thought he was arrogant.  Daniel has to protect her and keep her safe.  They both think that each other seems familiar.  Because they are.  They figure this out on their own and soon, you can guess what happens. But still, these two may have their differences and secrets, but they are meant for each other.
  5. Tris and Four: The Divergent Trilogy.  Didn't I say before that this is one to be repeated many many times?  I believe so.  Here it is in short: Tris chooses her faction.  She meets Four.  Four trains Tris to live in Dauntless.  He rescues her.  They fall in love.  How romantic.
  6. Zara and Nick: Need.  
  7. Rhine and Gabriel: Wither.  Rhine is taken against her will to someone's mansion where she becomes acquainted (whoa big word there).  Gabriel is a servant at the mansion.  Linden is the mansion's owner who expects to be married to Rhine.  She doesn't want to.  And later on, Gabriel and Rhine become friends and by the end, they attempt to escape (with success) together.  I am still waiting to go to the library to check out a few of the 1,500 books on my list, including the second book, Fever. 
  8. Katniss and Peeta: The Hunger Games.  I do realize this book is "so last year," but Katniss and Peeta are one of the best book couple sever existed.  They're put in the Games together and Peeta already is in love with Katniss and I was all like, "What about Gale?" But that's not the point.  They stay together and at the end of the Games when it is just the two of them standing, they realize they could not go on without each other and I was all like "Awww," so...if you have not read or seen the movie, I honestly don't know what to tell you, because that's well, almost impossible to never have read that.....
  9. Mia and Jeremy: Struck  I read this twice, I think.  Jeremy has visions, of a storm that is coming soon. They meet at a high school, after a terrible earthquake and...this is so obvious of what I'm about to say: they fall in love.  I've said that like three times!
  10. Jem and Spider:  Num8ers  This isn't my favorite couple, but it's still a good book couple.  I read this last year, I really don't remember any of it. So...I'll do my best: They live in the worst part of town, in London (I'm pretty sure it was London) and have to run away together because of a crime they were accused of.  They fall in love and later come back home.

Nora says...


Tris and Four (fan art by Ice-Ridden)
  1. Tris and Four: The Divergent Series. Tris and Four are just...perfect. It's really hard to explain (I'm betting all of these couples will be hard to explain), they just are. I love the awkwardness when Tris' brother, Caleb, comes to visit. It's funny. It's running-up-to-a-random-person-and-slapping-them-with-a-loaf-of-bread funny.
  2. Mara and Noah: The Mara Dyer Series. Mara and Noah are your typical "Oh no! I'm extremely deadly! Help me boy!" kind of couple (just like Juliette and Adam and Juliette and Warner, below). Whenever Mara seems to be in any kind of trouble--whether it's at the one of many mental institutions she's placed in or at the zoo where she "accidentally" kills a bunch of bugs--he always seems to swoop in and save the day with his tons of money and good, British looks. 
  3. Lena and Alex: The Delirium Series. Lena and Alex is a forbidden romance that will capture your hearts. Until the government-born, extremely annoying Julian (my friends and I like to call him 'Julian the Lemur' or 'King Julian') comes into Lena's life and...well, I'm not here to talk about Lena and Julian. I'm here to talk about Lena and Alex. Anyway, I just love their stories and the two fit together like puzzle pieces.
  4. Juliette and Adam: The Shatter Me Series. Juliette and Adam are a couple like Mara and Noah. Juliette can't touch anybody...or so she thought. Juliette can touch two people. Adam and Warner. Juliette and Adam fall in love quickly and are really great together.
  5. Juliette and Warner: The Shatter Me Series. Kristen is going to kill me for this. In Shatter Me, Warner was the stereotypical antagonist. He was a brutal, murderous, and unforgiving tyrant. I hated him with all my heart. However, all my thoughts changed in Unravel Me when he fed a dog. Yes, he fed a dog and that made me feel better about him (that's not the only reason, but I don't want to give too much away). So, yes. I like the idea of Juliette and Warner. I'm still Team Adam, though!
  6. Kami and Jared: The Lynburn Legacy. Kami and Jared have been talking each other for years. They've told each other all their deepest secrets, all the juicy gossip--everything. However, they didn't realize that they were talking to a real person. Kami and Jared are telepathic. I love them so much and I would like to see more of them as them. Sarah Rees Brennan, hear my call!
  7. Christina and Will: The Divergent Series.
  8. Cassia and Xander: The Matched Series.  I feel like Cassia and Xander don't get enough attention. Cassia kind of ran off with Ky and left Xander to feel sorry for himself. They had been friends for years. Why would Cassia just dissappear? 
  9. Rose and The Doctor: Doctor Who. Does this count? I sure hope this counts. Rose and The Doctor (10, not 9. 9 would be creepy) are, well, I guess you could call them forbidden. One is an alien, one is a human, one is 900 (ish) and one is in their twenties. Now that I'm thinking about it...maybe not. Naah, they'd still be awesome. The whole Bad Wolf Beach thing, though? That was cruel, man. Very cruel.
  10. Thomas and Teresa: The Maze Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment