Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Send Me a Sign

By Nora

Cancer, cancer, cancer. I just can't seem to get enough of it, what with this and The Fault in Our Stars. I had, actually read this before The Fault in Our Stars. Anyway, after hearing Tiffany Schmidt read a short passage from Send Me a Sign at the New York City Teen Author Festival, I knew I was hooked. I just needed to get it.

Send Me a Sign is beautiful. It is surprising. It is just...amazing. The main character, Mia, and her best friend, Gyver, grabbed my attention from the start. I'm not sure why, perhaps how close they are to each other. BUT THE END. I DIDN'T EVEN...WHAT??? HOW DID I NOT NOTICE THAT??? HDGAHSDKFJHASLDKFHLAKJSDF (Yes, Mom. That means I'm freaking out, not that my keyboard broke)

When Mia is diagnosed with leukemia, she decides to keep it a secret from her friends. I mean, I see why she tried to hide it, but if I were Mia (which I'm not. I'm really, really not. She's completely different from me), I would have told my friends first thing. Meh. But I still loved the book.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading more Tiffany Schmidt in the future. She has gotten my attention. I'll be waiting.

-Nora

No comments:

Post a Comment