Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Divergent Trilogy: Why We Love It


Butter knives **dun, dun, dun**
Trains **whoosh!** Uh, sorry, I mean **chugga chugga**
The number Four **angelic music**
...
What do all these have in common?
...
Our favorite book in the entire world
No.
Scratch that.
...
Galaxy.
...
No.
Scratch that.
...
Universe.
...
No.
Scratch that.
...
The space/time continuum (Nora's such a geek, isn't she? xD)
...
Oh. We didn't even tell you the book's name yet... (Nice job, Kristen)
Well then...here it is:
^^^^drum roll please^^^^

Kristen: I'm procrastinating, right?
Nora: Yes. Yes you are.

Well...I'll stop now...
It's called....






❤The Divergent Trilogy❤

The so-called perfect society where you have to choose your fate.

Abnegation the selfless.
Amity the peaceful.
Candor the honest.
Erudite the intelligent.
Dauntless the brave.

Beatrice Prior
She has to make a choice at the Choosing Ceremony.  The Choosing Ceremony, where every sixteen year old must choose whether to stay in their current faction or transfer to a new one.  They will have to go through initiation to determine whether or not they become Factionless. In her head she is debating whether to stay with her family or to leave them in the dust.  She chooses Dauntless and sees her mother smiling after she makes her choice.  Chapter six is our second favorite chapter: We would explain why, but we don't want to give that much away...Sorry guys.  Training begins and Tris fights hard to make it past the first stage: fighting.  She doesn't place as well, but Peter, the most annoying, violent and ruthless character becomes angry when he does not place first for stage one, Edward does.  I bet you can guess what happened there...Then comes stage two: Learning to throw knives and shoot guns.  Very Dauntless, eh?  She does not do that great during this stage, but stage three brings her some luck in passing initiation: Simulations and Fear Landscapes.


When I first read this I was honestly hooked.  Nora kept on pressuring me to read it and now I'm so happy that she did.  And since then, I've been reading in my free time.  This is one book I, I mean we, highly suggest that you pick up and read. It is the gateway to our love of reading. :D

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment