Monday, April 29, 2013

The Fault in Our Stars

by Nora

Well. I need to fully compose myself before writing this post or else I will cry. Again.


Honestly, going in I had no idea that The Fault in Our Stars was (I'm not going to call it a cancer book, because of something mentioned in the book itself) a book with a cancer component. Prior to reading The Fault in Our Stars, I read Send Me a Sign, another book with cancer (What? A book with cancer? No. A book about cancer. -.-) and I was just about done with cancer by then. And now I'm saying cancer way too much. I'm sorry. This book made me a mess.

John Green is evil. He is 100% evil, and I'm pretty sure that if you read this book, you would agree with me. Okay? Okay. ;) It was pretty funny, actually, because Hazel and Augustus (the two main characters) were brought together by a book, written by whom I consider their favorite author. I was actually reading this as I was about to meet one of my favorite authors, Lauren Oliver (what? I know! Post to come).

So, if you would like a good cry, read this book. If not, read it anyway. It is extremely worth it. Just don't read it in public. You will cry. It is beautifully written and I'm so upset that it is not in a series. I am looking forward to reading more of John Green in the future.
-Nora

1 comment:

  1. Nora, I say that was a /very/ good review considering the trauma that book caused both of us. ;)
    I love your okay reference, and I agree with everything you said. I always enjoy reading updates!
    Kamryn

    ReplyDelete