Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring 2013: What's to Come

by Nora

New Releases: March 20-June 20!

    The Elite (The Selection, #2)


  • Light: Michael Grant (April 2). The end in the Gone series is approaching quickly. Are you prepared?
  • Taken: Erin Bowman (April 16). In Claysoot, there are only women. There are boys, but they all disappear on the night of their eighteenth birthday. For Gray Wethersbee, it seems his eighteenth birthday is approaching fast. Doesn't the idea for this book just give you the chills?
  • The Elite: Kiera Cass (April 23). I wish The Elite comes out sooner. After The Selection, I've just been wanting more. What will happen with Aspen? What about Prince Maxon? April 23 must come faster!
  • The Boyfriend App: Katie Sise (April 30). Audrey McCarthy can't wait to go to college. But, sadly, college is expensive. Audrey enters a contest for the best app designed by a high schooler. Audrey creates the Boyfriend App. All of a sudden, she is popular and catching the attention of all the hot guys in school. Does an app really have this much power? I'm really excited to see how Audrey's situation turns out!
  • Reboot: Amy Tintera (May 7). Once a person dies, they wake up as a Reboot. The longer they are dead, the less human they are when they awake. Wren Connolly is the least human of all the Reboots in The Republic of Texas. Because of this, she gets to train all the new Reboots to become soldiers. One newcomer is almost completely human. He is weak, unnecessary. When Wren receives orders to get rid of him, she cannot give in. The concept for this book is killing me. KILLING ME. I need to know what happens and I need to know what happens. 
  • Transparent: Natalie Whipple (May 21). Fiona McClean (first off, I LOVE that name!) is invisible. Fiona's dad has been taking advantage of her for her whole life. Fiona and her mom escape. They cannot take any more of his awful behavior. Being your usual YA book, he will not give up on just that.
  • Of Triton: Anna Banks (May 28). The sequel to Of Poseidon. 
  • Monument 14: Sky on Fire: Emmy Laybourne (May 28). The sequel to Monument 14.
  • Wild Awake: Hilary T. Smith (May 28). An adventure-romance. Gosh, so many books coming out on May 28! Perhaps a release party should be in order!
  • Siege and Storm: Leigh Bardugo (June 4). And the book that we've all been waiting for (and by 'we', I mean me)... SIEGE AND STORM! I can't wait for this book to come out so I can obsess over it with you guys! It's perfection and I can't even handle myself. I just...if I talk anymore, I'm going to implode. I'll fold in on myself and then cease to exist. To be sure that doesn't happen, I'll sign off, now.

-Nora

1 comment: