Sunday, March 3, 2013

Unravel Me

by Nora

A few weeks ago, I finished Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. It was an amazing second book and left me wanting more (wow, I'm starting to get boring!). If you're a fan of The Hunger Games, The Maze Runner, and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, then you'll really enjoy this series. Anyway, I was looking up my favorite authors on Twitter (if you want to follow me, I'm @NoraReads) one night, and so I followed her and all she was posting about was how excited she was that Unravel Me was coming out in a few days. Now, the first time I read Shatter Me was in July during camp. I would go to the reading tent and sit at a picnic table and try to read while the counselor, Nate (who prefers the title "Nate the Great") , told six and seven year-olds crazy stories about saving his girlfriend, Selena Gomez, from a ginormous evil dragon. As you can tell, it was kind of hard to focus. When I finally finished Shatter Me, I was left wanting more, but I kept on forgetting to look it up when the next book came out when I got home.

Where am I going with this?
Oh, yeah.

Going back to Tahereh Mafi's Twitter feed, I started to get excited again about this series. I quickly skimmed through Shatter Me once more so that I could go out to a bookstore the day it came out and read, read, read. Unfortunately, we have no big bookstores around me. All the bookstores we have are used bookstores.

What?!?

You heard me, as much as I wanted to buy Unravel Me, I couldn't. Then I remembered a handy-dandy thing called iBooks. I bought the e-book version of Unravel Me and finished it in a day or two. It was FABULOUS. All Tahereh Mafi would Tweet about was Chapter 62, and it was calling my name the whole time. When I finally got there...well, I don't want to give too much away. If you have never watched any of Tahereh's YouTube videos, you should they are hilarious. Here's my favorite, where she shows you how to eat a pomegranate:

I am Team Adam, so I do not like the end of this video.


Would I reccomend the Shatter Me series?
Yes. Go buy it now. Drop whatever you're doing and go get it.


What are you waiting for?
GO!
-Nora

2 comments:

  1. I love Shatter Me soooooo much! I can't wait to get my hands on Unravel Me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Nora forced me to read this. ;) I'm very glad though. The voice is very unique and interesting!

    ReplyDelete